TOP-16 of the most high-tech types of firearms
Military men around the world create and test futuristic weapons that look like something from the James Bond movies.
From weapons capable of firing underwater to pistols equipped with a fingerprint recognition system, businessinsider.com has prepared a list of the most unusual weapons that are being developed right now.
16. CornerShot rifles are known for their unusual ability to shoot around the corner. CornerShot can be used as a semi-automatic rifle or grenade launcher.
15. ADS is an assault rifle designed for use underwater. It is used by Russian special forces. Its rate of fire is 700 rounds per minute with a range of up to 25 meters.
14. The Magpul FMG-9 submachine gun can fold into a triangle of sizes with a laptop battery. It is often made of lightweight polymer than metal.
13. Technically, this is not a weapon; Identilock is a biometric lock that is mounted on a rifle which can only be removed with the necessary fingerprint.
12. No one will be able to use the Armatix iP1 against you: after all, this gun requires that the watch with the biometric key be at least 25 cm from it in order to shoot.
11. TrackingPoint – an American company that produces rifles with high precision technology, which calculates the distance to the target and in accordance with this optimizes the operation of the rifle. Here is a 338 TP rifle model.
10. Chiappa Rhino – a revolver that gives back, not up, which increases its accuracy.
9. KRISS Vector – an assault rifle whose barrel goes up 95% less when firing than a conventional assault rifle, while recoil is reduced by 60%.
8. FN Five-seven – a pistol famous for being able to penetrate many types of body armor. It is so powerful that US citizens can only get it with sports uniforms.
7. The personal stop and stimulus rifle was developed by the US Department of Defense. It is not a deadly weapon and is designed to temporarily blind the enemy.
6. Accuracy International – a British company that creates incredibly accurate rifles for the army and police. They are more accurate than conventional rifles because the bolt mechanism is firmly fixed and separated from the rest of the rifle.
5. ZiP – a new generation of guns made of plastic, allowing you to modify the weapon by attaching additional cheeks to the handle and larger cartridge clips.
4. XM25 CDTE – grenade launcher that allows for the undermining of a projectile in the air directly above the enemy. This is due to the ability of the grenade launcher to determine the range of the target. Undermining the projectile occurs automatically.
3. AA12 Atchisson Assault Shotgun is a fully automatic shotgun with a rate of 300 rounds per minute. Also, compared to other guns, its recoil is much less.
2. This futuristic rifle is being developed by the Canadian military. It includes both a semi-automatic rifle, a gun and a grenade launcher.
1. Liberator – a plastic gun printed on a 3D printer. The scheme for creating such weapons was published online. Now it is impossible to find an official sources.